[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of personal data

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 20 15:30:44 UTC 2018

#43443: Add a method for confirmation of requests for deleting or anonymizing of
personal data
--------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  azaozz                          |       Owner:  mikejolley
     Type:  enhancement                     |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mikejolley):

 Replying to [comment:30 azaozz]:

 > Hmm, why not? On large/busy sites it would be nice to see when somebody
 has changed passwords, or the last time an email was verified.

 CPT is must heavier just to store a hash/key, and I disagree you need logs
 for that type of activity where it's a) automated and b) something that
 happens more or less in the background. Look at the existing system; it's
 just meta.

 > Perhaps we can abstract the CPT a bit, make it more generic, then set
 different `post_name` depending on request type?

 We implemented the 2 CPT for the requests to take advantage of
 wp_count_posts. We'll need lots of custom queries otherwise on our screens
 to do the status filtering.

 > I was also thinking we would need only one CPT, not one per request
 type. We can use all the data WP_Post has to offer: title, post_name,
 content, content_filtered, excerpt, etc. etc. For example the request type
 can be stored in post_name, and the request status (pending, verified,
 expired) in post_status.

 Previous comment. This was more efficient for the list tables/counts.

 > The main reason we started using CPTs was to not store the verification
 key in the options table :)

 No, the main reason for CPTs was to get a list table log without lots of
 heavy custom queries on meta data, since no one liked the idea of a custom
 table.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43443#comment:31>