[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43734: user_profile_update_errors hook needs work-around to validate a to-be updated email address

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 15 17:15:21 UTC 2018

#43734: user_profile_update_errors hook needs work-around to validate a to-be
updated email address
 Reporter:  BjornW        |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by soulseekah):

 I think the deeper issue is that there's no straightforward way to prevent
 `send_confirmation_on_profile_email` from running without prevalidation.
 Like what if I want to prevent certain domains from being picked as a new
 e-mail? I should be able to prevent everything from triggering.

 One way is to register `personal_options_update` and
 `edit_user_profile_update` hooks and remove
 `send_confirmation_on_profile_email` and then run it after validation. But
 that seems hacky.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43734#comment:1>