[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42362: WordPress database error Unknown column 'wp_mywordpresssite' in 'field list'

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 4 19:52:12 UTC 2018

#42362: WordPress database error Unknown column 'wp_mywordpresssite' in 'field
list'
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  lazam786      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by blackawxs):

 I'm also having this issue as of today. Please let me know if anything
 appears as a red flag but I believe I have done everything correctly....

 My Specs:

 * I have MySQL Community (Server only installed). Version 5.7.2.1.0 Tested
 it and its running
 * I have PHP 5.6.35 installed. Tested it and its running
 * I have IIS10 running with FastCgiModule running to serve the PHP. No
 issues there.
 * I created a virtual directory on my development machine, so I am able to
 go to `mysite.sanbox/v01/wordpress` and see the default wordpress page to
 pick a language. That is fine. I click next.
 * I then use phpmyadmin to create my new database table. That is fine.
 * I then go back to `mysite.sanddbox/v01/wordpress` and I put in my
 database information.
 * I then click next. The next page is white and says `WordPress database
 error Unknown column 'wp_' in 'field list' for query SELECT wp_`. I have
 attempted a different database name and different prefix, but no luck.
 * I have attempted to install WordPress versions `wordpress-4.9.5.zip`,
 `wordpress-4.9.4.zip` and also tried `wordpress-4.8.1.zip`. Same issue in
 all three cases.

 Would anyone have a clue as to why this is happening?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42362#commen