[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #32399: List table: Lists of items should inform users about the "current view" being displayed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Sep 30 09:30:34 UTC 2017

#32399: List table: Lists of items should inform users about the "current view"
being displayed
------------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                 |       Owner:  afercia
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by afercia):

 > a general function to deal with creating the arrays of  links that are
 so commonly used in the backend ... The logic to transform that data into
 a link element string could be handled in that function

 @flixos90 thanks. I'd agree that decoupling what `get_views()` does (which
 needs to be different depending on the table, since it checks for post
 status, or user role, or current tab, etc...) with the generation of the
 links markup could help making the code a bit more clean. The users list
 table is a special case though, my concern is it would require some
 refactoring.

 I'd agree the propose function should be evaluated in a separate ticket.

 Note: maybe [attachment:32399.diff] could be simplified a bit to avoid
 some `ternary`s but at the cost of a reduced code readability.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/32399#comment:33>