[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the Customizer

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Sep 27 17:02:34 UTC 2017

#37661: A New Experience for Discovering, Installing, and Previewing Themes in the
Customizer
 Reporter:  celloexpressions         |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  feature request          |      Status:  reviewing
  user-testing has-patch needs-      |  javascript
  testing ux-feedback                |

Comment (by melchoyce):

 > Sounds good to me. At this point, @westonruter should do a final code
 review (and hopefully commit), and let's continue compiling a list of any
 bugs/cleanup items.

 Cool. Weston's traveling today but ''might'' be able to take a look
 tonight. If not, I'm comfortable with commit happening tomorrow instead,
 since we've been testing every new change.

 > Due to the length of this ticket, I'd strongly suggest closing as fixed
 with the initial commit and moving to new tickets for additional changes.
 We can potentially add a generic ticket for UI refinement on this, in
 addition to the uploading ticket, improving the way we display the current
 (and live) theme, and other things that I'm probably forgetting about.

 Good idea 👍 Let's prefix all future tickets with `Customizer Themes:` or
 something similar.

 > I think it can be done by changing the label from "Current theme" to
 "Previewed theme"? :)

 Maybe:

 > Previewing:
 > '''Theme Name'''

 > What if we show BOTH the production one and the previewed one when a
 theme is currently being previewed? Would make the concept of "this is not
 live yet" sharp clear, or add more confusion?

 Want to try mocking this up? I also have one more idea I want to try out.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37661#comment:209>