[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41872: Code Editor: Minor accessibility improvements to the CodeMirror editing areas

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 21 17:35:12 UTC 2017

#41872: Code Editor: Minor accessibility improvements to the CodeMirror editing
areas
 Reporter:  afercia                  |       Owner:  melchoyce
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  assigned
  screenshots needs-refresh          |  administration
Changes (by afercia):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-screenshots => has-patch has-screenshots needs-
     refresh

Comment:

 I've worked a bit in the last days to a patch to keep the list in all the
 4 places where the help text is used. Just need to refresh it after some
 recent changes to core.

 Worth noting that, to keep the list and also target the proper elements
 with aria-describedby, there's the need to do things like this for the
 HTML part:

 {{{
 aria-describedby="editor-keyboard-trap-help-1 editor-keyboard-trap-help-2
 editor-keyboard-trap-help-3 editor-keyboard-trap-help-4"
 }}}

 and this for the JS part:

 {{{
 'aria-describedby' => 'editor-keyboard-trap-help-1 editor-keyboard-trap-
 help-2 editor-keyboard-trap-help-3 editor-keyboard-trap-help-4'
 }}}

 which is ugly 😞

 @westonruter thoughts?

 I'll upload the patch as soon as I have time to refresh it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41872#comment:13>