[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41862: "Attach to Existing Content" popup search box pulling up records that don't match search query

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 12 14:02:41 UTC 2017

#41862: "Attach to Existing Content" popup search box pulling up records that don't
match search query
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  subrataemfluence   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |     Status:  new
Component:  Posts, Post Types  |    Version:  4.8.1
 Severity:  normal             |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  administration     |
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 I am not very sure whether this is really a bug in WordPress core but
 today I  encountered it accidentally.

 I was Attach-ing an image from media library to an existing post. I typed
 in a search query ('''10 thing''') in the search box and hit submit.
 Multiple records came up, while I was expecting only one which has the
 phrase in its title and content body. None of the other posts which appear
 along with, is associated with the search phrase. I checked title, body,
 and meta values for this post.

 But when I searched with '''10 things''' (added an "s"), I got the desired
 result, i.e. only a single post.

 I have no third party plugin installed in my system. It is a clean install
 and everything is up to date.