[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41969: Ensure Gallery widget is styled properly across widget areas in bundled themes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 24 22:59:37 UTC 2017

#41969: Ensure Gallery widget is styled properly across widget areas in bundled
themes
 Reporter:  westonruter                          |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)                       |  davidakennedy
                                                 |     Focuses:

Comment (by davidakennedy):

 Nice work @williampatton! I've used your patch to build from. My latest
 adds fixes for the clearing issues in Twenty Thirteen and Twenty Fourteen.
 It also tries to make the galleries look presentable in Twenty Ten and
 Eleven. Both those themes use the old gallery styles, before HTML5 support
 and when styles were injected into the `<head>`. What I've done there is
 remove image borders and set a max-width to 90 percent only for widget
 areas. So in most cases, in most columns, the widgets will look decent.

 This could use some more testing before I commit in a few hours.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41969#comment:14>