[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42116: Customize Menus: Add "It doesn't look like your site has any menus yet" view

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 10 01:21:59 UTC 2017

#42116: Customize Menus: Add "It doesn't look like your site has any menus yet"
view
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  melchoyce       |       Owner:  bpayton
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by bpayton):

 @westonruter do you have any thoughts on how something like this should be
 done in the UI?

 I have ideas how we could do this reasonably if we were creating the
 panel's sections on the client side, but we are creating the sections on
 the server side. The best thing I'm currently imagining is adding JS to
 update an `aria-hidden` attribute on all the sections we want to hide and
 subsequently show, but it feels like a clunky, mechanical solution. What
 are your thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42116#comment:2>