[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42162: Customize: Ajax requests in preview do not have pending customized state applied to them

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 9 21:24:47 UTC 2017

#42162: Customize: Ajax requests in preview do not have pending customized state
applied to them
 Reporter:  westonruter   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Customize     |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 In [40704] we added a nonce for each Customizer preview request as a
 signal for whether or not the `customized` POST data should be read from.
 If it is not present or the nonce is invalid, then only the data already
 written into the changeset will be applied to the response, with the
 values in `customized` that are pending to be written into the changeset
 ignored entirely. Unfortunately, we missed also applying the same change
 `customize-preview.js` meaning that Ajax requests in the preview currently
 do not get this the changeset-pending customized state applied to it.

 Originally reported in
 https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/282139/how-to-make-get-
 theme-mod-work-with-ajax-in-the-customizer-preview