[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40254: Customize: Eliminate customize-loader fullscreen iframe method for opening customizer in core

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 8 05:04:43 UTC 2017

#40254: Customize: Eliminate customize-loader fullscreen iframe method for opening
customizer in core
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  westonruter
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by westonruter):

 @celloexpressions it will still work, but it won't have the full
 experience. For example, the logic for dismissing drafted changes upon
 clicking Close won't currently work with customize-loader (though we could
 add support into customize-loader itself for this); likewise, the work
 being done on changeset locking (#42024) won't be able to immediately
 unlock the changeset when clicking Close. It will still work, bit it
 wouldn't be 100% the same behavior as loading it directly.

 But there are plugins that make use of customize-loader and would break
 without it being available. For example, Customize Posts currently uses
 customize-loader to open the Customizer on top of the edit post screen,
 and if it tried instead to navigate away then it would cause an AYS dialog
 from the edit post screen. So I intend to continue maintaining support for
 customize-loader in core for the time being, but potentially add a
 `console.warn()` noting that it is deprecated.

 I just updated the PR with a couple more changes and todos. Let me know if
 anything looks amiss.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40254#comment:5>