[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38131: REST API: Provide interface to include or exclude specific fields from response JSON

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 4 05:22:20 UTC 2017

#38131: REST API: Provide interface to include or exclude specific fields from
response JSON
-------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  kadamwhite   |       Owner:  kadamwhite
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  accepted
Changes (by kadamwhite):

 * owner:   => kadamwhite
 * status:  new => accepted
 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.9

Comment:

 After discussion with @rmccue, at this time (4.9) we plan to move forward
 with basic support for filtering out non-nested fields at the
 infrastructure level. `38131.2.diff` is the best candidate at the moment.

 Adding support for nesting can be handled as an enhancement later, whereas
 we couldn't easily back out from supporting nesting. I think we want to
 think through how we could leverage that to better avoid some of the work
 on the server before we go too far down that rabbit hole.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38131#comment:29>