[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen when there are many users

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Oct 3 17:33:59 UTC 2017

#38741: Introduce the concept of a large site in order to speed up the Users screen
when there are many users
 Reporter:  johnbillion              |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  accepted
  tests                              |  multisite, performance
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * status:  reopened => accepted
 * focuses:  administration, performance => administration, multisite,
     performance

Comment:

 I'm going back to the idea of moving `get_user_count()` out of the
 Multisite files and making it available for single site installations too.
 Otherwise we have separate functions (`get_user_count()` and the soon-to-
 be-renamed `wp_get_active_user_count()`) for essentially doing the same
 thing.

 Patch coming up.

 Adding the `multisite` focus even though this functionality doesn't
 actually affect Multisite.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38741#comment:23>