[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38918: delete_plugins() needs a proper singular and plural form for its error message

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 2 20:42:47 UTC 2017

#38918: delete_plugins() needs a proper singular and plural form for its error
message
------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion             |       Owner:  johnbillion
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by johnbillion):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 @eddhurst Sorry for the big delay in responding. Your observations appear
 to be correct at first, but it's still technically possible for the plugin
 deletion error message to contain multiple plugin filenames. You can see
 this by disabling JavaScript in your browser and performing a bulk plugin
 deletion (which you can force to fail by no-oping the
 `$wp_filesystem->delete` calls).

 introduces an `%l` placeholder into a translation string due to it being
 passed into `wp_sprintf()` for the correct comma separated list
 terminology. I'm not sure if we have this currently in any translation
 string. Pinging @ocean90 for a sanity check.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38918#comment:12>