[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42763: class-wp-list-table unnecessarily disables first and last pagination buttons

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 30 22:04:29 UTC 2017

#42763: class-wp-list-table unnecessarily disables first and last pagination
buttons
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  wp_kc               |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |     Status:  new
Component:  General             |    Version:  4.9.1
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui, administration  |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 protected function pagination($which) in class-wp-list-table.php
 unnecessarily disables the << pagination button if you are on page 2 and
 disabled the >> pagination button if you are on the next to last page.
 That seems a bit pedantic and completely unnecessary.

 If I am on page 2 of a multi-page list, I should be able to click either
 << or < to get back to the first page.  If I am on the next to last page,
 I should be able to click either > or >> to get to the last page.  It does
 not make sense to disable buttons that should logically work in these two
 conditions.

 The following code starting at line 743 of class-wp-list-table.php...

 {{{#!php
 <?php
                 if ( $current == 1 ) {
                         $disable_first = true;