[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows based server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 29 04:08:16 UTC 2017

#42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 theme editor cannot edit files when running on a
Windows based server
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42        |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by highpec):

 I was having the original issue "Sorry, that file cannot be edited."

 I am on a Windows 7 machine running WAMP x64.

 I installed the patches on this thread, which caused this timeout/crash
 issue. It seems you just integrated the patches into the latest WP
 version, which also causes the issue.

 I don't see how you can say it's not related -- as it's never happened on
 any previous version of Wordpress. It seems the "fix" you've created
 treats CSS and PHP files differently when editing, and that's what's
 causing the issue...

 How is a novice coder like myself supposed to debug a core Wordpress
 issue?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42609#comment:30>