[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 plugin/theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows based server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 24 04:08:30 UTC 2017

#42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 plugin/theme editor cannot edit files when
running on a Windows based server
--------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42                                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 Hey @Otto42
 Could you please post some extra details on how to reproduce this?

 I'm unable to duplicate it on my windows hosting, it seems to act the same
 as what it does on a linux host.
 The POST vars sent along look correct:
 {{{
 nonce: 1234568790
 _wp_http_referer: /wordpress/wp-admin/plugin-
 editor.php?plugin=hello.php&Submit=Select
 newcontent: <?php // testing
 action: edit-theme-plugin-file
 file: hello.php
 plugin: hello.php
 docs-list:
 }}}

 Based on your description, it sounds like a full filesystem path is being
 passed through the `file` param, is that correct? Can you see any reason
 why that's happening / trace down what causes that to be the case?
 IIRC we fixed the bug where the full windows path would be shown in the
 file editor params, although I'm not sure if that was supposed to be fixed
 in 4.9 or earlier than that.

 Thanks!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42609#comment:15>