[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 plugin/theme editor cannot edit files when running on a Windows based server

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 22 23:23:07 UTC 2017

#42609: Regression: WordPress 4.9 plugin/theme editor cannot edit files when
running on a Windows based server
--------------------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  Otto42                                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                          |      Status:  new

Comment (by Otto42):

 @platinumshore I understand that you have the same symptoms, but it is not
 the same problem.

 This ticket is specific to the issue where Windows servers cannot edit
 files. The patch will only work for those systems having this specific
 problem.

 There are other similar issues that can cause the same results on other
 platforms, and when we discover the causes of those, new tickets will be
 made for those issues.

 For example, we have identified a number of plugins that will cause the
 file editors not to work because the plugins contain "session_start()" in
 them. Other known issues include the loopback checks on some hosts not
 working. These are all different problems that lead to the same end
 result.

 So, we are not ignoring your problem, we are actively searching for those
 issues and attempting to fix them. But the same results do not indicate
 that you have the same problem.

 In the meantime, please post on the support forums and not on the Trac.
 Trac is for monitoring and fixing known issues, the support forums are
 where we discover issues and find out their causes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42609#comment:12>