[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use e.g de_DE-formal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 20 19:18:30 UTC 2017

#42574: MediaElement upgrade causing JS errors when certain languages are in use
e.g de_DE-formal
 Reporter:  erich_k4wp               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  reopened
  needs-testing                      |  administration

Comment (by presswizards):

 Sorry, I’m using “en” (English – United States) and I’m still seeing the
 same error:

 `Uncaught TypeError: b(...).not(...).filter(...).mediaelementplayer is not
 a function`

 so I don’t think it’s the same language setting issue, and it breaks all
 remaining JS on the page.

 Ah I found my issue… it turned out jquery was being loaded twice, once by
 WP 4.9 and again by another code block on the page, and once I removed the
 code block jquery load, it stopped throwing that error.

 WP 4.8.3 did not have this issue, so now sites that were double-loading
 jquery without fatal issues will have fatal JS issues in WP 4.9.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42574#comment:24>