[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11302: Bulk editing posts should pre-fill fields with the same value / allow for removal

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 12 20:29:47 UTC 2017

#11302: Bulk editing posts should pre-fill fields with the same value / allow for
removal
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pavelevap        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  new

Comment (by ubernaut):

 Thanks, @dmsnell for your thoughtful response and willingness to chip in
 to try to make this happen. :) My vote on Q1 is for the Tri state (dashed
 checkbox) UI at this point. It is the only solution to this issue i've
 ever seen used anywhere else. You cannot set the third state it is always
 preset to indicate a mixed selection. Unchecking it sets all selected item
 to the false state, checking it sets all to true, not clicking simply
 leaves everything the way it is.

 Not saying its the best solution but it is the simplest, most intuitive
 one imo, at least that ive seen to date.

 No opinion on Q 2 or 3 bc i cant code my way out of a paper bag, sorry.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11302#comment:41>