[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42519: Links in AutoUpdate-Mail contain horizontal ellipsis, which causes broken links

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Nov 12 15:20:01 UTC 2017

#42519: Links in AutoUpdate-Mail contain horizontal ellipsis, which causes broken
links
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)     |     Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |    Version:  4.9
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  ui               |
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 The two textstrings, that appear in an email ...

 "Downloading update from %s…"
 +
 "Downloading translation from %s…"

 contain a horizontal ellipsis at the end which is not excluded from the
 link (href).

 This does create broken links in the email that informs users about the
 update or upgrade of their WordPress and translations.

 Links to the strings:
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-admin/includes/class-
 language-pack-upgrader.php?marks=116#L116

 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-admin/includes/class-
 core-upgrader.php?marks=33#L33
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-admin/includes/class-
 plugin-upgrader.php?marks=50#L50
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/src/wp-admin/includes/class-
 theme-upgrader.php?marks=49#L49

 I add a screenshot of a german mail where you can see the broken links.

 (I've currently deleted the horizontonal ellipsis in the two strings of
 the german translations, but thats not a solution for all the other
 translated languages out there.)