[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42457: Scheduled changeset won't publish if Customizer is opened first after missing schedule

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 8 21:42:22 UTC 2017

#42457: Scheduled changeset won't publish if Customizer is opened first after
missing schedule
------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  LittleBigThing          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 @LittleBigThing yes, it is somewhat of a theoretical problem. In fact, a
 user visiting the site usually causes WP Cron to spawn. It just seems that
 we should make sure that it is actually getting published when we tell the
 user that the changes have been published. For example, if
 `DISABLE_WP_CRON` is enabled and system cron pings WordPress every minute,
 then the changeset may not get published for another 59 seconds while
 waiting for WP Cron to get spawned by system cron. So that's why I think
 it's important to proactively publish the changes immediately. Another
 reason for this is that if there is a delay, then if the user clicks
 “Customize New Changes” then there would be a potential for them to
 encounter the same missed schedule message again.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/42457#comment:9>