[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #42398: WP_Query with parameter post id 'p'=0 is not considered as a single post request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 1 17:54:29 UTC 2017

#42398: WP_Query with parameter post id 'p'=0 is not considered as a single post
request
 Reporter:  solo14000     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Query         |    Version:  4.7
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Hi there,

 I'm trying to run a 'dummy' main WP query requesting only the post ID = 0
 for performance purpose (all my requests are performed using AJAX with
 secondary extended WP queries)
 However WP_Query does not detect a single post request adding SQL clauses
 like 'LIMIT'

 In the class-wp-query.php file, the PHP test to set single post is
 {{{#!php
 <?php
 } elseif ( $qv['p'] ) {
         $this->is_single = true;
 }}}
 that of course fails with 'p' = 0

 Is that an expected behavior ?

 I'm using the following code
 {{{#!php
 <?php
 add_action('pre_get_posts', 'cb_pre_get_posts');

 function cb_pre_get_posts($query){
 $query->set('p', 0);
 }
 }}}