[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37893: Implementation of is_registered_sidebar() doesn't match its documented signature

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 23 10:57:37 UTC 2017

#37893: Implementation of is_registered_sidebar() doesn't match its documented
signature
 Reporter:  mdgl          |       Owner:  welcher
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by welcher):

 Replying to [comment:18 mdgl]:
 > It's not clear what question is being asked of the reporter here.

 Sorry I was unclear. I was referring to both patches having failures in
 them. https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37893?replyto=18#comment:14.
 I should have marked the ticket as `needs-patch`.

 > '''Should global `wp_registered_sidebars` be part of the public
 interface of the widgets "module"?'''

 This ticket was opened to address an issue with code not matching its
 documentation. IMO, this question is a much bigger question that might be
 better suited in a new ticket. Otherwise, we run the risk of this ticket
 becoming more unfocused - see Helen's comment above.

 > '''Should the `id` referencing each widget be of mixed `int`/`string`
 type or just `string`?'''

 Again, just my opinion, but updating the documentation to indicate that
 the type is `mixed` feels like an appropriate solution. At the very least,
 it's a first step towards the larger question about
 `wp_registered_sidebars`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37893#comment:19>