[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40750: Widgets: MediaElement.js player for audio widget sporadically fails to initialize

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri May 12 19:28:10 UTC 2017

#40750: Widgets: MediaElement.js player for audio widget sporadically fails to
initialize
--------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Widgets       |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
--------------------------+-------------------
 As reported via @melchoyce in
 https://wordpress.slack.com/archives/C0381N237/p1494608916089518

 [[Image(https://cldup.com/HVbLFbjVDR.png)]]

 Sometimes the volume control doesn't initially appear but then appears
 after resize: https://cloudup.com/cf0-jpXGDCX

 The issue seems to be that the player doesn't initialize with the right
 dimensions when the widget control is `slideDown()`ing. Resizing the
 window then seems to cause the player to snap into the right place.

 We should also consider using ME.js for the video widget since we're using
 it for the audio widget.