[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40637: ticket #38024 remains unresolved. Are there plans to correct it in a future WordPress release?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 3 00:02:52 UTC 2017

#40637: ticket #38024 remains unresolved. Are there plans to correct it in a future
WordPress release?
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  toggerybob               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:   => close reporter-feedback

Old description:

> [...]
>     obliterator
>
>     (@obliterator)
>
>     1 month, 2 weeks ago
>
>     I’m getting the same error now using latest version of WP and EUM.
>     The notification email is conflicting:
>
>     The following plugins were successfully updated:
>     * SUCCESS: Wordfence Security
>     * SUCCESS:
>
>     UPDATE LOG
>     ==========
>
>     Wordfence Security
>     ——————
>     Updating plugin: Wordfence Security
>     Downloading update from
> https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/wordfence.6.3.4.zip…
>     Unpacking the update…
>     Installing the latest version…
>     Removing the old version of the plugin…
>     Plugin updated successfully.
>
>     Updating plugin:
>     The plugin is at the latest version.
>     Error: [fs_unavailable] Could not access filesystem.
>     toggerybob
>
>     (@toggerybob)
>
>     1 month, 2 weeks ago
>
>     Same for me, @obliterator. It’s sometimes due to a file permission
> issue or a specific plugin. EUM should not report the update as
> successful when it clearly is not.
>     obliterator
>
>     (@obliterator)
>
>     1 month, 2 weeks ago
>
>     Yes its quite confusing!
>
>     Now I’m not sure if its updated the plugin properly or not. WordPress
> indicates the plugin is the latest version but is that because EUM has
> just bumped the version number reference up? No way of knowing if its
> actually installed the updated plugin files. I’m hoping so!
>
>     Hope the author can get to the bottom of this. Happy to provide any
> logs/info to help.
>
>     I got a second email shortly afterwards with blank information:
>
>     The following plugins were successfully updated:
>     * SUCCESS:
>
>     UPDATE LOG
>     ==========
>
>     Updating plugin:
>     The plugin is at the latest version.
>     Error: [fs_unavailable] Could not access filesystem.
>
>     In: Plugins and Hacks
>     18 replies
>     4 participants
>     Last reply from: toggerybob
>     Last activity: 7 minutes ago
>     4.5.3
>     Reply to Topic
>     Unsubscribe
>     Favorite
>
>     Topic Tags
>
>     EUM
>     file permission
>     filesystem
>     fs_unavailable
>
>     Ronald Huereca
>
>     (@ronalfy)
>
>     27 minutes ago
>
>     This is resolved because it is a WordPress bug, not an EUM one. EUM
> currently sends out zero emails. Everything you are geting is from
> WordPress itself.
>>
> Tags:
>
> Notify me of follow-up replies via email

New description:

 This is a follow-up to #38024.
 {{{

     —

     →

[...]

 }}}

 Can you please assist?
 Many thanks.

 Hi @toggerybob

 Can you please link to the threads instead of posting their content?
 This sounds like it could be caused by an updates-related plugin doing
 things wrong, causing WordPress's automatic updates to fail.  It sounds
 like a plugin author may be blaming core, if that's the case, the plugin
 author needs to come to us with steps to reproduce the issue.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40637#comment:1>