[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 24 22:36:13 UTC 2017

#37471: Customizer: Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open
it automatically
 Reporter:  melchoyce                            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned
  testing                                        |  administration
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  has-screenshots needs-patch => has-screenshots has-patch
     needs-testing
 * milestone:  4.8 => 4.7.4

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:16 westonruter]:
 > What isn't working yet is what I described in [comment:13], where
 autofocus isn't yet working with this auto-expansion behavior. Best way to
 test this is to activate twentyfifteen and then go to `/wp-
 admin/customize.php?autofocus[section]=sidebar-widgets-sidebar-1`. You'll
 see the Widgets panel only expands. It might be due to all of the active
 states being synced from the panel yet, and we should wait to autofocus
 until they have all been set.

 This is fixed in [attachment:37471.0.diff]. Just a [https://github.com/xwp
 /wordpress-
 develop/pull/194/commits/e9d4349624a832e1b73d9bdbaa17b44f5255f4ee trivial
 omission].

 Ready for testing.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37471#comment:19>