[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39430: Customize: sections and panels that are open and become inactive should be closed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 15 04:57:54 UTC 2017

#39430: Customize: sections and panels that are open and become inactive should be
closed
---------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions           |       Owner:  dlh
     Type:  defect (bug)               |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by dlh):

 * keywords:  needs-patch has-screenshots => has-screenshots has-patch

 1. Reapplies the fix from [34557], which it looks like was lost in
 [38648].

 2. Removes the calls to `stop()` inside `Container.onChangeActive()`.

 (2) exists to try to address behavior that I saw after applying (1): If I
 go to `Test Panel > Test Section N` (from the demo plugin above), then
 navigate away from front page in the preview, the sections and panels
 close as expected, but then the entire `.wp-full-overlay-sidebar-content`
 disappears. The only way to get it back is to click an inline edit link.

 I can't explain yet why `stop()` would cause this behavior except for a
 general guess that it interferes with the animation-related changes in
 [38648].

 If that seems incorrect, or if `stop()` is serving a need, I can look for
 another approach.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39430#comment:13>