[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40099: Chrome forces http site to open in https, and then won't open because no SSL

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Mar 10 20:02:43 UTC 2017

#40099: Chrome forces http site to open in https, and then won't open because no
SSL
--------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  shanacohen    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by shanacohen):

 Thank you so much for your quick response.    Unfortunately, it's not just
 a local issue, my clients are having it everywhere, even on clean machines
 -- if they type in allhandsondecknyc.com, it forces it to open as https.

 (This isn't a core wordpress issue, given the is_ssl in wp-
 includes/load.php ?  That's why I posted it here.   I found that here:
 https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/is_ssl#Notes )

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40099#comment:3>