[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41081: Improve Custom Menu widget, show notification if menu is empty or no menu selected

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 26 23:46:36 UTC 2017

#41081: Improve Custom Menu widget, show notification if menu is empty or no menu
selected
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  alexvorn2                 |       Owner:  mdifelice
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by mdifelice):

 In this new patch I address adding or removing a menu when it has one (or
 more) or zero menu items respectively in the Customizer.

 Watching the code I observed that this section is a little buggy, for
 instance when you add a menu before opening a Menu Widget (one Menu widget
 already inserted in a sidebar) that Menu Widget is not updated. That
 behavior occurred before the patch I submit, and it continues happening.
 It should be addressed in a next patch but before I wanted to know if
 someone had already observed it.

 Maybe we can apply this patch and solve that in another ticket.

 Also, anybody knows why the Menu Widget update is being made by the Menu
 Controller? I think it would be more maintainable if that update is made
 by the Widget Controller communicating them via events or something like
 that.

 And about your question @alexvorn2 you may do your custom widget
 compatible with the Customizer, but I recommend you to use the WordPress
 built-in widget.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41081#comment:15>