[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41175: Twenty Seventeen: The letters in words with i, j, l look all the same in h3-headings that are also formatted strong.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jun 26 19:18:32 UTC 2017

#41175: Twenty Seventeen: The letters in words with i, j, l look all the same in
h3-headings that are also formatted strong.
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  transl8or      |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  4.8
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 I stumbled across a website today (brent.fm/how-we-work) that is using the
 Twenty Seventeen Theme.
 There are some pages that have text paragraphs that are formatted with the
 '''h3''' and '''strong''' HMTL-tag.
 Unfortunately these paragraphs contain a lot of words with "i" and "l" and
 even "j" like:
 like, guide, communicators, projects, etc. and these three letters (i,l,j)
 in the choosen theme font look all the same on Desktop mode, which makes
 it quite a bit difficult to read.
 The font-size though gets smaller on Mobile mode and is better readable
 then, because the letters look like they should: different.

 I'm not sure if this is really a bug because usually an h3-heading is not
 meant to be strong formatted also, but as it seems, that's what some
 people do and the font behaves quite unpleasant in this case, it would be
 good to have the designers (@melchoye ?) to pay attention to that, with
 this specific font.

 I was able to reproduce that on a fresh local installation of WordPress
 4.8 on Windows. Screenshot is attached.