[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41081: Improve Custom Menu widget, show notification if menu is empty or no menu selected

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 21 21:51:27 UTC 2017

#41081: Improve Custom Menu widget, show notification if menu is empty or no menu
selected
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  alexvorn2                   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  good-first-bug has-patch commit => good-first-bug needs-patch

Comment:

 I don't think the approach here is complete. In the Customizer you can add
 new nav menu items to empty nav menus. A menu may be empty the moment you
 open the Customizer, and at that point the menu dropdown would skip
 listing it with this patch. But as soon as I add an item to that nav menu,
 the menu should start to appear in the dropdown, but that is not currently
 how the patch behaves. This will likely require JS that interfaces with
 the menus component in the Customizer.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41081#comment:9>