[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't enabled

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 21 19:15:45 UTC 2017

#40886: REST API: PUT requests fail on Nginx servers when fancy permalinks aren't
enabled
--------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  Joen                      |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  new

Comment (by jnylen0):

 Replying to [comment:3 dd32]:
 > I'm a little concerned that [attachment:40886.diff] makes it seem like
 PUT not working isn't an expected behaviour.

 I don't think this is an expected behavior.  Common, or at least known
 under certain configurations, but still seems broken/buggy to me.

 Replying to [comment:5 nacin]:

 Though isn't it only needed for certain permalink structures?  Unless I am
 missing something, the current patch reads as though it will add
 `index.php` to pretty permalinks as well.

 I'd like to see more testing around different combinations of permalink
 structures + this issue, and that we don't add `index.php` unless the
 current permalink structure dictates that it's necessary.

 > I'd pretty strongly argue that WordPress '''core''' should always only
 use GET/POST/HEAD

 This seems fine to me, though I'd also be in favor of working around what
 seems to me like buggy behavior.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40886#comment:6>