[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41079: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in /var/www/html/live/wp-includes/rewrite.php

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 15 17:22:53 UTC 2017

#41079: PHP Notice: Undefined offset: -1 in /var/www/html/live/wp-
includes/rewrite.php
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  myrmidon16     |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Rewrite Rules  |    Version:  4.3
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Low priority, but I'm trying to reduce the size of my error logs, and this
 notice is a vast majority of it.

 Issue lies at lines 376 & 378 in the "wp_resolve_numeric_slug_conflicts"
 function. Occurs when $postname_index is 0. With my limited understanding,
 it seems like that scenario can be skipped, so I added the below snippet
 to the "if" statement at line 363 in my build:
 {{{
 || 0 === $postname_index
 }}}

 Please resolve in the next update. Thanks.