[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39958: Comment reply/cancel links work badly when comment form is above the comment list

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jun 14 03:58:17 UTC 2017

#39958: Comment reply/cancel links work badly when comment form is above the
comment list
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  smerriman          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by smerriman):

 No, the problem happens exactly as described on Twenty Seventeen with no
 plugins installed. (It has to, by definition of the problem, so I'm
 guessing you misunderstood how to trigger it).

 A video demo is here: http://youtu.be/ieqj2p7XPvY?hd=1

 I scroll to comment #3 and click reply. Due to the form disappearing, the
 page jumps up, but due to the textarea focus, jumps so the textarea is
 right at the top of the screen (not the label, not the login prompt, not
 the cancel link). I click cancel, and due to the form moving again, I am
 nowhere near comment 3.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39958#comment:5>