[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40981: Customizer: Menus: it is far too easy to mistakenly delete a menu because the "Delete Menu" link and the "Add Items" button are too close together

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jun 9 18:28:20 UTC 2017

#40981: Customizer: Menus: it is far too easy to mistakenly delete a menu because
the "Delete Menu" link and the "Add Items" button are too close together
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  designsimply                |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                |      Status:  new

Comment (by afercia):

 Seems to me the `click` event is bound to the `<span>` element surrounding
 "Delete Menu" and the span takes all the available width. Looks like this
 is the reason why the empty space is "clickable".

 While the menu isn't really deleted until you save the changes (I've just
 closed and reopened the Customizer and the deleted menu reappeared), worth
 considering that any action that is destructive or perceived as such by
 users should preferably ask for a confirmation.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40981#comment:3>