[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3 no longer available Sept 2017

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jul 27 07:03:39 UTC 2017

#41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3  no longer available
Sept 2017
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  netweb            |       Owner:  jnylen0
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by notnownikki):

 Replying to [comment:33 netweb]:
 > Thanks @notnownikki, have you opened an issue on Gutenberg yet or do you
 have any links to issues or repos you're using, I'd be interested to
 follow along any progress on this...

 The Gutenberg issue is https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/2048

 I have a script working that installs PHP5.3, PHP5.2, PHPUnit 4.8, and
 PHPUnit 3.6.

 It uses phpbrew to install and switch between the versions of PHP, and you
 just need to alias phpunit to either phpunit-4.8 or phpunit-3.6 to make
 sure the right one runs.

 Everything lives in the home directory, so the installation of phpbrew,
 phpunit, and php versions can be cached so we're not building php every
 time we run a test.

 I'm looking at integrating the script into the Gutenberg travis
 configuration now, and once that's done it should be easily reusable.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41292#comment:34>