[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3 no longer available Sept 2017

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 18 08:11:50 UTC 2017

#41292: Switch Travis CI environment to Trusty - PHP 5.2 & 5.3  no longer available
Sept 2017
------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  netweb            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  new
Changes (by jnylen0):

 * milestone:  4.9 => 4.8.1

Old description:

> Travis CI have announced they are going to switch to Trusty as the
> default distro come July 18th 2017
> > https://blog.travis-ci.com/2017-07-11-trusty-as-default-linux-is-coming
>
> Incoming patch will allow us to continue having PHP 5.2 and 5.3 Travis CI
> jobs until September 2017
>
> ----
>
> The current availability of PHP 5.2 and 5.3 in the Travis CI build
> environment is the following:
>
> 1. ✅ `dist: precise` with `sudo: false`
> 2.  ❌  `dist: trusty` with `sudo: false`
> 3.  ❌  `dist: precise` with `sudo: false`
> 4.  ❌  `dist: precise` with `sudo: required`
>
> WordPress' current Travis CI config uses option `1` above
> Travis CI will override this configuration with option `2` come July 18th
> 2017
> Workaround this issue for PHP 5.2 & 5.3 until September 2017 using option
> `3` for the PHP 5.2 and 5.3 Travis CI jobs
> Come September 2017 Travis CI will overwrite option `3` above with option
> `4`
>
> I've created the following Travis CI issue on the subject:
> https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/8072

New description:

 Travis CI have announced they are going to switch to Trusty as the default
 distro come July 18th 2017
 > https://blog.travis-ci.com/2017-07-11-trusty-as-default-linux-is-coming

 Incoming patch will allow us to continue having PHP 5.2 and 5.3 Travis CI
 jobs until September 2017

 ----

 The current availability of PHP 5.2 and 5.3 in the Travis CI build
 environment is the following:

 1.  `dist: precise` with `sudo: false`
 2.    `dist: trusty` with `sudo: false`
 3.    `dist: precise` with `sudo: false`
 4.    `dist: precise` with `sudo: required`

 WordPress' current Travis CI config uses option `1` above
 Travis CI will override this configuration with option `2` come July 18th
 2017
 Workaround this issue for PHP 5.2 & 5.3 until September 2017 using option
 `3` for the PHP 5.2 and 5.3 Travis CI jobs
 Come September 2017 Travis CI will overwrite option `3` above with option
 `4`

 I've created the following Travis CI issue on the subject:
 https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/8072

 As just discussed in Slack, this will need backport to ''all the
 branches'' or builds will start failing.  Milestoning in 4.8.1 because we
 are already in that release cycle.  I'll commit to trunk in a few minutes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/41292#comment:9>