[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 4 09:53:15 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter            |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by pipdig):

 We're receiving more and more support requests relating to the new widget
 settings. If you don't believe me, here's a public example
 https://twitter.com/pipdig/status/882163832050864128

 I appreciate the answer might be "that's your problem, not ours". I'm just
 trying to highlight issues that may not have been considered for third
 parties. The usability of the new widget seems to be hitting entry-level
 users pretty hard due to inaccurate guidance from Google searches. e.g.
 "How to add Adsense to WordPress". Unfortunately we're on the "font line"
 since people are using our themes and assume it is a theme issue.

 Is the expectation that external sources should update the guidance to the
 new widget? Or are we waiting for 4.8.1 first? @azaozz @westonruter - I
 know you guys are probably super busy but any kind of pointers on this
 would be appreciated

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:35>