[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when writing” setting

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Jul 2 08:23:36 UTC 2017

#40960: Widgets: The Text widget should respect the “Disable the visual editor when
writing” setting
-----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  westonruter            |       Owner:  azaozz
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by emmtre):

 Replying to [comment:27 westonruter]:
 > Disabling TinyMCE for a given user is not the solution being proposed,
 as I understand you to be indicating by this comment. This ticket is just
 to make the Text widget respect that user preference. For fixing the Text
 widget to be compatible with prior usages, while also directing users to
 use the new Custom HTML widget (#40907) moving forward, see #40951.

 I was just trying to explain why it's a bad decision to have TinyMCE as
 the default editor for text widgets. And there should be a separate
 setting for enabling the TinyMCE editor for text widgets instead of
 depending on the general setting for the content field.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/40960#comment:28>