[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35099: Make the filter links (Mine, Status, Author, Taxonomy, etc.) links in the posts list table filterable

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jul 1 15:26:42 UTC 2017

#35099: Make the filter links (Mine, Status, Author, Taxonomy, etc.) links in the
posts list table filterable
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  sebastian.pisula   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement        |      Status:  new

Comment (by DrewAPicture):

 So, I can see the value here, though I notice that the `get_edit_link()`
 method is kind of poorly named because it effectively builds the
 "filtering" links for the posts list table. Based on the name, you'd think
 it was creating the edit post links.

 In terms of [attachment:35099.patch]

 * We should probably use `edit_link_url` for the hook name, if only to
 provide slightly more context
 * Let's update the `@since` version
 * The DocBlock summary also needs a little work. Maybe something like
 "Filters URLs created for filtering the posts list table."
 * Finally, let's also pass the `$class` value to the hook

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35099#comment:4>