[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #22037: Customizer: Live preview fetches page but does not display (show error message) (was: Customizer: Live preview fetches page but does not display)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 31 19:12:09 UTC 2017

#22037: Customizer: Live preview fetches page but does not display (show error
message)
-------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  marcoliverteschke  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by westonruter):

 * keywords:  needs-testing => needs-patch

Old description:

> I just set-up a plain installation of 3.4.2. Configured it for multisite
> use. Set-up two sites, both working fine.
>
> When going into a sites Appearance settings to customize the theme
> (TwentyEleven), the Customizer shows the control panel on the left, but
> the preview remains blank.
>
> Firebug shows no Javascript errors.
>
> '''It also shows, that a POST request is sent to fetch the front page and
> that the page is actually returned in the response. It appears the
> response is just not added to the right-hand preview area.'''

New description:

 I just set-up a plain installation of 3.4.2. Configured it for multisite
 use. Set-up two sites, both working fine.

 When going into a sites Appearance settings to customize the theme
 (TwentyEleven), the Customizer shows the control panel on the left, but
 the preview remains blank.

 Firebug shows no Javascript errors.

 '''It also shows, that a POST request is sent to fetch the front page and
 that the page is actually returned in the response. It appears the
 response is just not added to the right-hand preview area.'''

 ----
 Per duplicate #28227:
 > When Customizer can't load due to an error, there's no indication as to
 what's going on. It would be nice if some information was presented
 instead of seeing a blank screen on the right side.

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/22037#comment:35>