[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38799: Normalize the registration of settings and control dependencies in the customize api

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jan 23 17:40:39 UTC 2017

#38799: Normalize the registration of settings and control dependencies in the
customize api
-------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  nikeo        |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
Changes (by westonruter):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => maybelater
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 @nikeo thanks a lot for the initial implementation. I think that this
 provides a great starting point for users who need to implement the
 complex dependencies between constructs in the customizer. I don't think
 that it would be suitable for adding to core in the near term because
 there's not really a core need for it now, and generally new features
 added to core should have a direct end user feature that makes use of it.
 So I'm going to suggest that we `close` this for now as `maybelater` so
 that we can keep it on the radar to implement in core once it becomes
 clear 80% need. In the mean time, I encourage you to create a feature
 plugin/library that theme and plugin authors can incorporate.

 We can continue to discuss on the closed ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38799#comment:6>