[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #38957: Customize Menus: Menu locations should be able to opt-out of menu item types that can be added to associated menus

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Jan 21 17:34:57 UTC 2017

#38957: Customize Menus: Menu locations should be able to opt-out of menu item
types that can be added to associated menus
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  celloexpressions  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by celloexpressions):

 We'll also need to think about how the UX for this should work. I'm
 thinking that the available menu items panel would change based on the
 properties of the current menu's assigned location (if any). If a menu
 with unsupported types is assigned to a new location, there could be a
 warning That the current menu's location doesn't support some of the types
 already in the menu, or there could be a warning on each item in the menu
 that won't show up in the preview, explaining why.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/38957#comment:1>