[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39609: Customizer should display "Fade" effect for entire iFrame for settings using partialRefresh when selector is not visible

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 17 04:39:02 UTC 2017

#39609: Customizer should display "Fade" effect for entire iFrame for settings
using partialRefresh when selector is not visible
 Reporter:  AJClarke     |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by AJClarke):

 Hi Weston,

 Some other examples I can think of off the top of my head may be...

 - Customizing a meta tag (like viewport)
 - Altering a stylesheet without using postMessage
 - Inline Javascript
 - Elements that display on hover only

 Not sure what else, I do believe the main usage would be for the style
 attribute.

 Replying to [comment:1 westonruter]:
 > @AJClarke cheers for the suggestion. I think that probably makes sense,
 at least in the case of selective refresh for a partial whose placement
 container is a `style` element since clearly the refreshed element should
 will cause some visual change to the page which the user should be looking
 for. I can't think of other cases where a partial's placement container
 would be hidden, so I don't know if the change you're suggesting should be
 applied to all or just `style`.

 > Milestoning to 4.5 since that is when selective refresh was introduced.
 >
 > See also #39389 (Customize: Make sure selective refreshed partial
 placement is scrolled into view).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39609#comment:2>