[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39006: REST API: Language setting should not be present when no languages are available

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 5 07:11:07 UTC 2017

#39006: REST API: Language setting should not be present when no languages are
available
--------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
Changes (by rmccue):

 * keywords:  has-patch => needs-patch

Comment:

 @diddledan FYI, your patch is saved with an encoding that `patch` can't
 understand (at least on my system). Converting to UTF-8 in my editor fixed
 that, but might want to check settings on your end there :)

 ----

 `wp_get_available_translations()` is located in `wp-admin/includes
 /translation-install.php`, which makes me think we should move it outside
 of `wp-admin` or reconsider using it.

 @ocean90 Thoughts on moving it (and hence also `translations_api()`) out
 of admin funcs?

 Added [attachment:39006.2.diff] that a) also loads `translation-
 install.php` (temporarily! do not commit!), and b) includes an `enum`
 containing the available languages. This attachment needs to be redone
 based on a decision on the above.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39006#comment:11>