[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39696: REST API: Filter which links get embedded when passing the ?_embed query parameter

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 28 01:32:58 UTC 2017

#39696: REST API: Filter which links get embedded when passing the ?_embed query
parameter
 Reporter:  rheinardkorf                         |       Owner:  jnylen0
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by rheinardkorf):

 Replying to [comment:29 rmccue]:
 > One other use case we need to support: `?_embed` without a value.

 Current patch already supports that too.

 > Also worth noting: the value of this parameter needs to be a filter on
 things that are embeddable (i.e. an intersection of embeddable and the
 `_embed` value), and we need to be careful not to try and embed things
 that don't have the embeddable flag set to true.

 The patch as it is will only filter "out" that which is already marked as
 embeddable. You are not able to embed any other resources.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39696#comment:30>