[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39696: REST API: Filter which links get embedded when passing the ?_embed query parameter

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 17 07:54:38 UTC 2017

#39696: REST API: Filter which links get embedded when passing the ?_embed query
parameter
 Reporter:  rheinardkorf                         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |  adamsilverstein
  refresh                                        |  Resolution:
                                                 |     Focuses:  rest-api

Comment (by westonruter):

 On a related note, it would be great if in addition to indicating a embed
 subsetting if we could use a similar construct to indicate that resources
 should be embedded recursively along a specified tree. For example, if I
 wanted to get the recent posts along with their comments embedded and the
 embedded comments' own authors also embedded a third level down, maybe I
 could do so with a request like:

 `/wp/v2/posts?_embed[]=comments/author`

 I understand this is maybe encroaching on GraphQL territory, but just
 wanted to mention recursive embedding as the flip side of being able to
 limit embedding.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/39696#comment:25>