[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17926: Wordpress replacing single quotes, dashes, and other basic characters with extended search-unfriendly ones

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 14 21:09:09 UTC 2017

#17926: Wordpress replacing single quotes, dashes, and other basic characters with
extended search-unfriendly ones
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  archon810     |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by SergeyBiryukov):

 > Sure, *I* can (and have, in fact) fixed this bug, but most users who are
 having their inputs corrupted aren't capable of figuring out how to do so.

 There's a [https://wordpress.org/plugins/tags/wptexturize number of
 plugins] to disable `wptexturize()` per post or globally.

 > You marked this bug as a duplicate, but I don't see any mention of what
 the other bug is.

 See ticket #19550.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17926#comment:7>