[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #39874: Apostrophe cannot stay put, always replaced for a left single quotation mark.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Feb 14 15:21:26 UTC 2017

#39874: Apostrophe cannot stay put, always replaced for a left single quotation
mark.
 Reporter:  ABTOP         |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor        |    Version:  4.7.2
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 I am trying to set the simplest text string — 's, s'
 That's it. The mark is the apostrophe both times. WordPress is
 consistently changes this to opening and closing single quotation marks. I
 am not quoting anybody, I am giving examples of how possessiveness is
 indicated in English.

 Why can't I have MY content the way I write it?